The European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (“the Regulation”) becomes applicable on 25 May 2018. Its main purpose is to increase the level of protection of personal data and create a trustworthy climate that allows each person to control their own data. Thus, we consider it a good time to inform you how we protect your personal data and how we understand the provisions of the Regulation.
What personal data do we process?
The personal data we process are mainly your identification data: name, surname, address, CNP, phone number, etc. They are collected directly from you when you become our customers, suppliers or partners.
How do we process your personal data?
We process personal data only for legitimate purposes, such as to provide you with the desired products, to improve and develop the products we offer you. The processing of personal data is always based either on the execution of the contracts concluded with us, on the need to comply with a legal obligation, on our legitimate interest or, as the case may be, on your consent if you have expressed your choice in this regard.
Do we communicate personal data to other recipients?
In order to fulfill our legal obligations or other legitimate purposes, we may transmit your personal data to public authorities, judicial bodies, notary offices, parent company or other entities of the Akcelik Group, empowered to whom we have outsourced the provision of certain services and other categories recipient from Romania or abroad or the European Union / European Economic Area, but always ensuring that we place appropriate safeguards to protect your data.
How long do we process personal data?
Personal data are processed throughout our contractual relationship and, upon completion, at least for the period required by applicable law, but not limited to, archiving provisions.
What are your rights and how can they be exercised?
In addition to the existing rights, you have additional rights from the date of application of the Regulation. Here’s the list of rights you have:
- Right to information– You can request information about your personal data processing activities;
- Right to rectification– You can correct inaccurate personal data or fill it in;
- The right to delete the data (“the right to be forgotten”)– You can obtain the deletion of the data if the processing was not legal or in other cases provided by law;
- The right to restrict processing– You can request restriction of processing if you are in doubt about the accuracy of the data, as well as in other cases provided by law;
- The right to lodge a complaint– You can file a complaint with the processing of your personal data with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing;
- The right to withdraw consent– In cases where processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal of consent will only have effect for the future, the processing carried out before the withdrawal remains valid;
- Additional rights related to automatic decisions– You can ask for and get human intervention about that processing, you can express your own point of view and you can challenge the decision.
For more details about your data protection, you can send an e-mail to: